my 99 leg outback is overheating also no heat
I changed the themostat and its still overheating and still no heat also I can smell antifreeze when the heat is on. any idea what is rong
Check to see if you are low on coolant. If you are low, check your oil to see if there is any coolant in your oil. Sounds like you have a head gasket problem. When your coolant is low, you will loose heat. When you can smell the coolant, you are leaking somewhere, it is just a matter of finding our where. Taking your vehicle to a mechanic is a good thing. They can run a simple pressure test to find out where you are losing your coolant.
Search Subaru Legacy Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Subaru Legacy Experts