2006 chevy cobalt lt will not start

Asked by Oct 31, 2013 at 08:34 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT

I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt lt. I have had many problems with this car, however, I
recently got the catalytic converter replaced and the car has been running fine. The
check engine light was off and everything. I recently took a vacation, the car was not
started for 6 days and it now will not start. I live in New England so it has been cold.
What happens is that when I try to start the car it is sounding like it wants to start, but
it will not. Power works, radio works, but when I turn the key in the ignition the
headlights turn off and car will not start. I have tried jumping the car, but that did not
work. Any ideas about what could be wrong?

yes...well batteries degrade ten percent per year....that is to say will stop accepting a charge ten percent per year....so if your battery is an original 2006 it was time for a new one a short time ago....there isn't LEAD in them anymore they are tin/antimony alloy so get a NEW battery...when you do follow the black cable to the end where it attaches to the frame....coarse wirebrush the frame and the lug...bolt them back together so that three hundred cold cranking amps at least can go through there and has a solid ground for the ECU, ignition, fuel systems, lights and windshield wipers...not that those last two couldn't survive on "brown power", but the delicate ECU does choke and puke on varying voltages and varying amps, so clean up, get a new donkey, and enjoy your brand new automotive potential~

The battery I have is not the original though, it was just replaced 2 years ago...

Not enough reliable GROUND is presented to the ECU...it gets confused on varying voltages and varying amperages...gets to this point as the engaging of the starter motor requires "welding" amperages between dis- similar metals each sharing a bit of one another in an instant 300 or more cold cranking amp repetition of every start builds a "semi-conductor" layer of the whole mess....wirebrush the big ol3 1/0 cable end and the place on the chassis where it attaches...wirebrush the chassis so that a SOLID ground is there...comfortable with a 300 cold cranking amp demand~

If everything electrical works, and it turns over fine it sounds much more like a failed fuel pump to me. The fact that it stood idle for 6 days could just be coincidence.

Did you get to fix the problem because I am having similar problems to this email me your thoughts to edwinconsuegra@yahoo.com thanks man

i have a 2006 cobalt ss won't start codes p0101,p0102,p0104,p0108 any help please ..

Migue29, p0101,p0102, p0104 are mass airflow sensor codes, I had his problem and had to replace the sensor. Now for p0108, it's a manifold absolute pressure high input so whatever the pcm sees as normal (1 volt at idle and around 5 volts at WOT) so it must be getting more then 5 volts to set a code for that. Your best bet would be to replace both you MAP sensor and your MAF sensor and not have to worry about it. My 06 2.2 ecotec has 250,000 miles on it and all I have had to do was ignition control module and replaced bother these sensors for the same reason as you.