2006 chevy cobalt won't start, clicking nosies, lights are array, changed the starter thing it was that what could it possibly be a bad fuse?

Asked by Oct 12, 2012 at 03:39 AM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LT Sedan FWD

9,135

clicking is usually a battery issue, dieing, low voltage will send any/all sensors crazy. anyone can jump start the car using jumper cables? red to red, black to black?

265

yep clicking is defiantly battery issue check your battery cables make sure they are tight and the cable its self is not corroded

I have a 07 cobalt and I had the same problem it was the battery. I took the old battery to autozone and they checked it for free. When I took the battery out from the trunk it look like it was ready to blowup the sides from battery was sticking out.Good luck

9,135

if the battery swells, it is way too hot...disconnect it, and let it sit, it will burn you, if it is cool to the touch, then remove it carefully, if you smell a rotten egg smell, it is methane gas from the battery, again disconnect only the positive, and let it sit...when reinstalling the new one, there should be a small hose to hook up, it is the breather/vent for the battery make sure it is in place on top....

230

Not all true its not the battery ive replaced battery and starter ran new cables and replaced all fuses and solenoids on my 2005 cobalt and im still not sure what it could be but it is not getting power to the starter and its not making any sense

230

I can spin the starter from the starter with a power probe but not from the key nor fuse box i should be able to

10

SAFETY - the rotten egg smell is Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S). In larger concentrations it will kill you, H2S affects the nerves in your nose. At small concentrations it will smell like rotten eggs and with larger concentrations you will not smell anything.

50

2006 chevy cobalt i put a new battery in the car now and the car won't start for me

Thanks Gadget56 I found this out the hard way;) I know post is two years old but has this been a recalled issue on 2006 Chevy Colbalt "L"?

Hey Guts, what's the issue? DOES IT NEED A NEW BATTERY. BATTERY WAS TESTED IT WORKS WELL BUT REGISTERED A BIT LOW. IT CANNOT BE JUMPED. I FELT ISSUE WITH SECURITY SYSTEM BUT GUESS NOT.

*Guys-sorry;)!!