why is my 2006 cobalt stalling at red lights and stop signs

Asked by Dec 17, 2013 at 01:59 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Sedan FWD

it recently got very cold here in buffalo new york last week. My car will start with no problem and runs fine on the thruways until i have to stop completely or slow down. When it does this i turn off wat a second and it turns back on without problem. It stalled 4 times last night, I have already put dry gas in the tank and fuel injector cleaner. I am going to have the air filter replaced today. what do you think the problem could be? only has done this in freezing temperatures

I'd try cleaning the throttle body and Idle air control. Search youtube for helpful videos walking you through the process. Travelling on "the 90"?

oscarlewis, I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. We can certainly look into this further for you. Have you had a chance to have your Chevrolet dealership diagnosis your concern? Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com. Be sure to include your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership. Erica Tiffany GM Customer Care

When was the last time that you had a new battery in your car? I would have the battery tested to see if you need a new battery in your car.

thank you guys i had a friend change my air filter and i purchased some seafoam and put that into the tank. It semms to have worked but i can tell it still is acting up a bit.i also read about cleaning the throttle body is this hard to do own your own?