"Hot" smell after driving

Asked by Sep 04, 2009 at 12:59 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS

After I get to my destination, I smell a "hot" smell (Hope you understand what that means because I can't really explain it).  I check the coolant temperature and it runs around 180-190.  The air conditioning works fine and the oil and water levels appear to be fine.  Any ideas before I make any long trips?  By the way, my money tree hasn't been watered in awhile so it has died.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

55

I would just check and see if you are leaking any fluids onto the block. be sure to check trans fluid levels and check for leaks around the trans where it bolts to the block might have something leaking not instantly visible

45

well if it's a stick you could also be overheating ur clutch. there's been times after i've ran pretty hard and done a lot of quick shifting that i get that burning smell when i get out.

4,675

Is it a sweet smell? Then its anti freeze! Do you smell inside car? Then its probably the heater core! Outside of car sweet smell antifreeze cooking on engine! Oil will smell like its burning! Gas ! Yikes check fuel lines!

4,675

Was my answer helpful? Please click my helpful link Thank you