2006 cobalt 2.2 ecotec coolant temp reads 108° and doesnt move

Asked by Apr 25, 2011 at 06:45 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

Reads 108° and doesn't move at all anyone
have this problem b4

1,785

Might just be the coolant temp sensor, is it full of coolant?

Changed the sensor and yea r u kidn me of course it has coolant otherwise it would be over heating and its not

1,785

I was saying that cause if there little to no coolant in it the gauge wouldnt work.

It says it has a temp of 108 even when its cold and u just turn on the key

replace the thermostat,it is stuck open,not letting the engine get up to operating temp.

Its brand new and I can let it run all day and no change and I have and infared thermometer and its felon me the coolant is getting up to around 196 at idle but the temp gauge has no change at all

ok 2 possabilaties,bad temp switch,you have 2 1 to computer,1> to guadge,this is the one to replace,the guadges in the newer cars are more dummy gadgues,which mean they dont give the right reading and need to be replaced.you got the thermometer reading of 196 which is normal,you know it is not overheating or not getting up to temp.so change temp switch,if gaudge dont move,dont worrie about it.

Yea too bad its electronic everything and the temp gauge tells the pcm how much fuel to feed the motor due to the tempature of the engine therefore if of wrong and or not working right the engine wont run correctly. Rich/lean mind u I have a zzp Turbo setup on it with Meth injection running around 30psi of boost do u even own a cobalt or what

And if u can read I have already said once before it has a BRAND NEW THERMOSTAT AND TEMP SENSOR AND FULL OF ANITFREEZE thanks tho

1,785

The upstream oxygen sensors are the main contributors on how much fuel is being pulsed. Not a ECT..... He must from mars too Papa...... Lol

1,785

Lmao? Well if your saying it's 40 bellow zero the IAT would help with fuel calculations. ECT is an input for fuel calculations but IAT would have more control. Listen dude idk you so how I know if know anything about cars? All were trying to do is help so take it or leave it.... Also gets your facts straight.