93 Legacy 2.2, was running and quit. now wont start

Asked by Apr 29, 2012 at 06:54 AM about the 1993 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr L Sedan

Got in my car earlier this morning, started just like it does every day, but has had a slight tick lately. The ac belt
broke off a couple weeks ago but seeing it only ran the ac it seemed no big deal. Anyway I went to put the car in
gear and it died. Put it back in park and it sputtered then nothing, not even a sputter now. Checked all fuses, all
were ok. Checked for fuel pressure on inlet and outlet of the black canister (filter, regulator?), shes getting fuel.
Checked ignition block, and we have spark.

Does anyone have any clue what has happened to it or what to check next? Any suggestions would be a great
help. This car is my daily driver (purchased last fall and now has only 135,xxx miles) so I've got to have it up and
running. Thanks

Also I would like to add that upon further inspection I found that 1: timing belt is still in tact and turning when cranking. 2 the air system seems good although the box was home to a now, and well was, dead mouse (the more humorous part of my day) and last but not least the head scratcher...with key off and removed, operating throttle via cables, when I would move the cable to open the throttle body there is a buzzing sound from elsewhere, release and it stops, move and the buzz is back. Anywho, back to tinkering, still needing suggestions or any kind of help I can get

2nd update. Disconnected intake from MAF assembly and throttle body. Attempted starting, cranks but not turning over to fire. Noticed from the TB that air is pushing out instead of sucking in and there is was a white smoke coming. Looking further the large rubber hose run from the manifold to the plastic intake tube is the heaviest on smoke. Searched through other forums and tried checking the CEL code via instructions from the bbs forum. Steady blink only, no code?