Compression tester extension is stuck in spark plug socket.

Asked by Sep 25, 2009 at 09:06 PM about the 1991 Subaru Legacy 4 Dr L AWD Sedan

I have tried getting the extension out with needle nose pliers, Screw drivers, the ratchet socket won't go around the
extension because there isn't enough space. I screwed a spark plug into the extension thinking it would screw out with
the extension but i think i tightened it more. I have been having alot of grief over this. No one seems to know what to
do. I am thinking about suing the company that makes the extension for not putting a disclaimer saying not to use the
extension with Subaru engines. The car is still running just on 3 cylinders. Anyone have any ideas?   

45

First of all STOP DRIVING THE CAR.. I don't think that is too healthy for it... Have you tried hose pliers? This isn't the only time something like this has happened so don't feel bad.. Try some loctite also on the Compression tester, screw it back into the adapter and let it sit for an hour or so to cure.. If all else fails, you're probably gonna have to remove the head and get it out that way.. Might as well get new head gaskets while it's off