CAR OVERHEATING PROBLEM FOR A 1995 CORVETTE!!! HELP! PLEASE

Asked by Jan 07, 2014 at 02:10 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

When running w/ the air off, neither fans run, causing the motor to overheat. with the air
on, both fans run, and the temp is normal. fuses is good, i have taken the car to 2
places, neither can find the problem. 1 place says he is studying the schematics, but
no
luck. i know the car has 2 temp sending units, could one of these be bad? weather is
so f--king bad the i am not planing to move the car till spring(if you live close to chicago
you will know what i mean)!! can anyone help, has anyone had this problem before?

thanks

19,685

The computer sees the a/c on and turns the fans on separately from the temperature. If they are not coming on the temp sensor for the engine is not sending signal to the fans or the wiring to the fans broken, or fan relay is bad. The other temp sensor is for the computer to tell it how much fuel to add when hot or cold engine.

Thank You