96' impreza torque binder problems?

Asked by Jul 27, 2014 at 10:51 AM about the 1996 Subaru Impreza 2 Dr L AWD Coupe

I just bought a beat up subaru (my first awd car I ever owned) and i think I bit more than i could chew, I noticed the car shudders and slows down considerably when I make a sharp turn (left and right) to the point on having to give it gas pretty much all the way, otherwise the car just stops (the engine keeps running but the car feels like it is applying brakes), the seller told me it needs new cv joint in the back, but a friend told me it could be a torque binder? it is a manual 5 speed tranny, any help please?

22,725

you bought a real old Subaru with problems- "I think I bit more than I can chew" yes, yes you did- get ready for unending problems and try to not listen to the seller's crazy laughter at night when you are trying to go to sleep- (btw, Subarus are junk)-

6,425

What do you mane by torque binder? I am a Subaru guy (currently owning 4 myself) and have never heard that term.

That's what my friend called it, torque bind, or the VC?

6,425

Does this car have an automatic transmission or a manual? Also ask your friend for some details on what he's reffering to as a torque binder.

I texted my friend and he said it's call a torque bind, and it is a manual

6,425

Ok, I am wondering if he is refering to the differential.