Can anyone tell me how to adjust the doors up or down.

Asked by Oct 11, 2008 at 10:53 AM about the 1996 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe RWD

I recenly had all new weatherstrips and new Targa top put on my 96 Vette. Now I water comes in around windows on both doors more so on passenger door. Passenger door looks a little higher where it meets the hood. How can I adjust the door down a little. Where the glass curves down toward the front of the door where it meets the hood right at the bottom its not inside the weatherstrip and water comes in.

who put in the strippings?

Someone tried to break into my Vette and broke my top and a Body shop put new top and windshield stripping in. I had replaced the top and all strippings this past year and had no problem. Now the body shop says their not reasponsible. I will call BBB about this and complain to GM because it was a Chevrolet body shop, but until this is all resolved I still have leaks.

if the doors were not screwed up but now they are, its obviuously the shops fault. If there is another GM servie or body shop near you i would take it there and get their opnion.

Thanks for your input and help.

no problem i have seen a shop here state inspect a vehicle and say it needed a lot of stuff so they brought it to my gm dealership and they were raping the person.

I assume you had this covered by your insurance company, who most likely has some sort of guarantee or satisfaction policy on the repairs. Take it up with the them, as it's unlikely that they'll want to lose a customer.

There may be fasteners that secure the door hinges to the doors or to the body. More than likely, the hinges will be slotted, so you might be able to loosen them and slide the door up or down.