1993 Subaru Impreza won't start after disconnecting battery. Possibly anti theft?

Asked by Nov 15, 2015 at 04:56 PM about the 1993 Subaru Impreza 4 Dr L AWD Wagon

Bought a new battery and starter for my 1993 Subaru Impreza wagon after
it was sitting for a while. I was able to get it started yesterday after jumping
it, but then after disconnecting the negative terminal and reconnecting it
the alarm it started going crazy and i have to flip the valet switch while
attempting to crank the car at the same time to disarm it. After I get the
alarm off I try starting the car only to hear a click behind the dash with no
crank at all. All lights and radio are on in the car but it will not crank since
yesterday.

4,550

Weak battery. Charge it and try again. If no go you've bought a bad battery.Happens more than most think. Ern

4,550

Not battery? Given age could be internal starter solenoid/contacts. If YOU can remove starter (lower bolt is a bit tricky) then disassembly and contact replacement is easy; parts about $15. I assume you've cleaned battery cables and maybe even starter cable contacts too?

My battery keeps going flat on my 93 Subaru Impreza and nothing's on but there's alarm thow

4,550

Replace battery as it may have an internal short. If still no-go your alternator's internal voltage regulator is fried; VERY common back then. rebuilt alts are only about $150 and swap in in a half hour. Happy turkey.