throttle pedal fluctuates on heavy dead stop acceleration

Asked by May 23, 2014 at 08:13 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

When I am at a dead stop and push the gas peddle hard it feels like the engine is lifting and the gas peddle physically fluctuates like a butterfly is trying to fly. In my past experience it has almost always been a driver side broken motor mount. The mount is like new and still solid, no wear at all.. The Chevy dealer is telling me this is what all c4 corvettes do under heavy acceleration.. Mine is a 1993 conv. Anyone confirm this?

3,715

It sounds like it is related to the stability/traction control. Under certain conditions the throttle pushes back. This is mentioned in your owners manual. This system can be deactivated, but it will reduce vehicle control.

35

You may need to replace the ECM. I think you could recover the codes (OBD-1) to learn something before you start replacing parts.