I have the' 90 Vette L-98 coupe, with the overheating problem at a idle, can't burpe the air out of system correctly through the radiator cap. Really need the bleeder on the thermostat housing like

Asked by Nov 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM about the 1990 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe RWD

on the' 92-'96 models. Anybody
know of an aftermarket bleeder
housing out there?  Or can I have a
bleeder threaded into mine
somehow? Any Ideas? Thanks for all
you're previous help too. KMAC.

There is a procedure for "burping" the radiator on a L98. I have a .pdf file explaining the procedure. I am not being allowed to attach it here. If you provide me with a e-mail address I will send it to you. jcaryl@twcny.rr.com

I just saved the .pdf as a jpeg and included it here. Let me know if you can't see it and I'll send the .pdf to a e-mail address that you provide.

Thanks Jim, can't really read it too well, if you could send it to kmac1955@hotmail.com , that would be great.Thanks for you're help.

Thanks, I'm able to read the post now, nice trick with the thermostat, I'll be changing mine to a 180, and drill mine out as well, just for grinn's. Thanks for all the info, i'll get heating problem behind me yet, then I can start on all the fun stuff, and take a nice drive to the coast...... fixed the seat last night, I'm quite the seamstress, ha! Thanks again. Kmac.

The advice given above is very good. Wonder why there isn't a small hole from the manufacturer is this is a common problem. I found your bleeder housing aftermarket set. The complete set up is around $50.00 for a Chrysler product. A bit of shopping will find one for the Corvette I'm sure, but try what Jim sent. The burping method may be the best bet to try first.