My transmission in a 1998 pontiac transport van stops pulling and if you wait 10 miniutes or so it will pull again,what is causing this?

165

Asked by Jul 30, 2013 at 07:22 PM about the 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport 4 Dr STD Passenger Van Extended

are you sure the transmission is to blame? are you getting a check engine light? that 's how you know? Have you checked the level hot between the hash marks running in park?

could be a defective fuel pressure regulator...we don't know.~

165

fuel pressure regulator?

There is a diaphragm that will open up the flow is vacuum is increased~ failures range from cracked vacuum hose, hose fallen off altogether or the diaphragm itself rotting and getting sucked into the engine through the vacuum supply...these things are important for the vehicle to run correctly and you could test it...then replace it when found defective...these are NON- OBD-II and will NOT issue a check engine light~

Best Answer

if it is a cracked butyl rubber hose recommend replacing all butyl rubber with silicone ones...they are available at most auto parts stores~

165

thanx judge i will check and let you know.

this would make you run shitty if there was not ample fuel pressure...this might explain everything....hooray judge_roy...positive energy in the CarGurus temple today~

165

i dont think its in the transmission because it never slipped whined or anything it just quit pulling.

my barber (age 72) has one of these...front end is all cheezed up because his eyesight isn't all that (perfect for a barber)~