Need to replace CD player/Stereo. Anything to be aware of if purchasing used one from another Montana?

Asked by Dec 18, 2011 at 08:11 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Montana SV6 Base Minivan

Looking to purchase a new stereo from an autowrecker.  When i went into GM Dealer about a price on a new one, they said they had to scan the actual stereo to figure out what kind it had and only then could they quote.  Does that mean that the player from another Montana may not work?  And is there anything to be concerned about RE getting security code to get it working?

if you buy a cd player/stereo from a auto wrecker you might have to take that to the dealer so they can retreve the security code which they might charge you for or you can always buy aftermarket & not have to worry about a code . make sure all connections are the same if you get a used one.