please help ??

75

Asked by Aug 05, 2007 at 07:44 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

hello, ok i have a 1994 LT-1 corvette all original with 97,000 miles, auto trans, when the car gets hot during summer months and im talking about oklahoma summer, the gauge almost reaches the danger area, when i come to a stop and keep my foot on the brake the car surges and tries to take off and runs rough at this point, when its cool it runs great,i also have a SERVICE LTPWS LIGHT that comes on, i was told at the dealership parts department that the sensors are no longer availible, what the fix for this problem?? thanks for any advice.    val.

clean radiator where the fan pulls air thru the radiator

is that with the a/c on? make sure the fans are working , they should kick on as soon as the engine reaches 180-195 or immediately with the a/c on.

615

I would also consider running a lower temperature thermostat. I ran a 160 in my camero for the same reasons you are seeing. Cleaning the radidator will help increase the flow and the cooling. Have you checked the antifreeze, Antifreeze will tend to be less effective as it ages. Check that the fans work, and see if you can make them turn on at a lower temperature.

465

THE ABOVE GOT ME THINKING GET A FLUSH & FILL KIT & PUT IT IN AND USE IT,. IT'LL CLEAN OUT THE RADIATOR AS WELL AS THE ENGINE. {WATER JACKETS}

495

The radiator fans come on only when the temperature reaches about 225 unless the AC is on, in which case the fans run all the time. When you are sitting in traffic, there is not enough air flowing through the radiator, so when the temperature starts to rise, the fans are supposed to kick on. This will bring the temps back down to about 210. (these numbers are approximate) Under normal conditions, if your thermostat and radiator are all functioning properly, the temps should be about 195 when moving, even on hot days. First, make sure there is no debris in the front radiator area way up in there. You will need to jack up the car to look and reach. Then make sure the fans are working, and make sure the fan switches are working at the appropriate temps and conditions. Last thing is that your thermostat is good and your radiator is not clogged and plugged up with old antifreeze. I don't remember if that year still had green antifreeze or the newer yellow stuff. If its the yellow stuff, it may very well have turned brown and clogged up your radiator at which point it may need more than a good flush.

495

Damn. I just realized how old this post was! What a waste of effort. :-D

465

YO ROB; AND THEY STILL MAY HAVE THAT PROBLEM!! THERE SHOULD BE A WAY FOR A PERSON TO DELETE THEIR ANCIENT WRITINGS. I TOO JUST CAUGHT FIVE YEARS AGO!!

495

Yes. This is ridiculous. :-)

Yes, but it was helpful as some of us are still having the problem or should I say developing the problem.

1,195

I agree that these posts are still helpful to others dealing with the same issues. Hey DENIS... WHY YOU YELLING?