No Start Problem.How do I fix this problem?

5

Asked by May 26, 2014 at 12:12 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

When tried to start car with an automatic starter car wouldn't starter. No starter action. Put the key in ignition to manual start and warning sign "Service Theft System" came on. Then "Low Fuel" and "Charging System Failure" showed. Car's starter won't engage. Tried to charge battery but would not start. I have an aftermarket alarm on it also. I've tried to reset the aftermarket alarm as recommended but, no luck. I found two codes in it ( codes U0073 & U0100 ) "*Computer Interface Communication Problem"

4,645

If the remote starter and aftermarket alarm was working ok before, I think we can rule that out as a problem. The ECM is throwing two trouble codes regarding connectivity, and that's a sign that you've got a minor problem with the factory wiring harness, or worst case, the ECM is bad. The ECM is basically telling you it can't talk to the other system components and is shutting the engine down to be safe. You'll get the Security System warning if the ECM can't re-establish communication in 250 ms. The car will not start until you are able to solve the communication issue. Start by disconnecting, cleaning, and applying a bit of dielectric grease to the connectors along the ECM harness, as many as you can find. Make sure they are fully seated. You can try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting AFTER you've cleaned the contacts. Update us here when you can.

20

Will not start

20

Alarm malfunction