Air bubbles in the overflow tank , no heat. HELP

125

Asked by Jan 20, 2015 at 02:38 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

hello, I have a big/small problem with may Pontiac grand prix 06 supercharger. First it
overheated, change the thermostat , and the hose from engine to the radiator and the
car stooped overheating but now I have no heat,I flush the heat core and again I have
heat but first time I drive it again overheats and a strange sound inside the car like
boiling water. OK now I changed the water pomp, belt, and checked the coolant flow in
the system everything is looking nice, the sound is gone, the engine sounds great and
no overheating but again no heat inside the car , and I noticed today that after I drive a
short time, if I listen near the engine/heater core I hear like a beat, and at the same
time as the sound i can see in the overflow tank a bubble air. (I did bled several times)
HELP HELP HELP, what am i doing wrong!!!!!!!!

5,695

You probably still have air in the system. Is the fluid level on the overflow bottle moving from the "COLD" line to the "HOT" line when you run the car? When the car is left sitting overnight, the air should migrate up to towards the top of the system. Go out in the morning and open the radiator cap before starting the car. Also put enough coolant into the reservoir to reach the "COLD" line on the bottle. Let it run for a minute or two until the thermostat opens and sends coolant into the radiator. Now top off the radiator, replace the cap, and turn on the heater inside the car. Hopefully, this will have purged that air in the cooling system and your cabin should be warm without the engine over heating.

Best Answer Mark helpful
125

thanks, i am going to try , but I don't see on the thank no cold or hot line and never seen the fluid level changing in the tank, it is a big difference between hot level and cold level????

95

I had a similar issue. just needed a new radiator cap!!