2006 Grand Prix Blower Issues

Asked by Feb 09, 2014 at 03:37 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

My blower stopped working suddenly so I replaced the resistor because the motor itself
still worked when connected to the battery. Didn't work, so I checked that I sill had power
both in and out of the resistor. Switch works fine and seems like everything else works
fine but my blower still doesnt come on. Any ideas?

Do you get power to the blower when switch is turned on? Do you also get negative battery reading at blower? If not I would look for a loose ground wire.

The confusing part about that is, when i checked the power with the old blower/resistor to see what was wrong, I had about 12 volts to the motor. I then replaced the resistor twice, and at the last test i only had about 1 volt to the motor, all with the switch on. I don't know about the negative battery reading because I believe we were only testing the voltage. How hard would it be for me to look for a bad ground?

Does your blower connector have two wires? If so hook your tester to both wires and check the voltage. Now remove the negative tester lead from the connector and hook it to a good solid metal ground. Check voltage again. If voltage acts like it should this way then you have a loose ground connection.

The blower connector has 2 wires into it, the resistor harness has pos/neg and a black and grey one I think is the ground going into it. I'll try that when I get home thanks a lot.