No low beam headlights

Asked by Dec 10, 2013 at 01:14 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

All running lights, brake lights, and high beams work fine, but low beam headlights do not come on.  Any recommendations or suggestions?

23,385

headlight bulb filaments, turning them on after starting a very cold engine zaps them with a voltage spike from the alt. if their older they fail instantly,this time of year you'll see more punch buggies than ever! well used too!

1,220

The relay is located under the hood in the fuse box labeled #35 DCM Module. I got mine from; rockauto.com ACDELCO Part # 15016745 Main Relay GM Original Equipment One of our most popular parts LOW BEAM

30

Sean! You da man! Thanks for the pics of the relay and box position. Reading the GM "key" to the fuse/relay box and relay descriptions is more confusing than indoctrinating. Of course they do this on purpose. My local GM Dealer wanted $125 just to LOOK at the car and give me a price to fix it. And they have the nerve to act SURPRISED when I tell them I've been a lifelong die-hard GM man (at 58) and I'll never buy another GM product again! LMAO!

10

I just bought a 07 grand prix for 400 an same light problem I noticed they like to burn conectors to cuz I replaced that relay an had blown connectors out with bulbs ben a very expensive little fix my buddy said that there is a in line conector that could also be a problem .... not sure kinda waiting for last resort on that end

10

any other ideas?

1,220

I had to replace the relay a few times before I dot a good one that didnt go out. This one has lasted about a year so far with no prolems.

I have a 97 Grand Prix GTP and I have no low beam, sometimes they come on and most of the time they do not. Tried replacing the light switch, no luck. Replaced the rely/fuse in the box next to the glove box again no luck. I'm drawing a blank. Hope someone can give me some advise on this fix so, far I've been unlucky in fixing it. Thanks

The HDM relay is a factory recall and GM WILL replace the relay for no cost... You could just bypass it with jumpers though.