06 grand prix 3.8sc cooling fans are not turning on temp gauge goes up,disconnect temp gauge senser and the fans run continuously.is there a secondary senser for the fans?

Asked by Jun 09, 2013 at 02:20 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

there are a lot of choices pipoint yours and get the part~ http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1432256,parttype,4748

there are aftermarket kits that have their own thermo-switch if this is what you're inquiring about...you could look to see if there are two screw in temp sensors...the aftermarkets use a "wand" that get's stuffed into the fins of the radiator~

where is the coolant temp sending unit sensor ( talks to the computer - 2nd sensor) located.?

there are three...should be...one for the needle gauge on your dash....one for the fans to come on and one for the computer to make adjustments to air/fuel....in theory...it is going to be our job to find all three~

...but there is only ONE: on the block near the waterneck....the ECU will report to all~

Mh Owais

I got the same car pontiac grand prix 2006 model.... I have some issues with this cars nowadays.... its regular light which is automatic, goes off after 3 or 4 minutes while driving on the road.. the bottom light works and high beem works too... another problem which she has started to give me is that its temperature goes high almost to red line... two weeks ago I flushed its radiator as well as put new coolant fluid into it even though its temperature started to go up again... is there anything you know about it???