Where is the fuel filter to check or change

Asked by Jun 06, 2015 at 08:23 AM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

Have problems starting sometimes check engine light stays on and flicks on and off
sometimes when driving as if it doesn't want to pick up and go

197,565

It is located back by the fuel tank on the frame rail, when you go to get a fuel filter have them check the codes for you, there could be something more going on then just a low fuel flow, write them down and repost them back here and someone will jump in and help you with further diagnosis.

10,065

All good advice, but let's get it in the right order. First check the codes, then address whatever issues are indicated by the codes, then give the care a tuneup if it hasn't had one which should include checking the fuel pump pressure and a new filter if it hasn't already been done. Hopefully that will keep you from fixing what ain't broken. Good luck.

20

Sometimes engine misfire and other codes can come from the engine just being super dirty and sensors being dirty with dirt and other debris

20

I have a 2000 grand prix with 96500 miles on it runs great thought I would do a tune up and replace the fuel filter was wandering we're it was located I m not having any issues just thought it would be good pre maintenance Before 100000 miles

10,065

It’s under the car on the driver’s side just ahead of the rear wheel.

I have a question about my car. It will cut off on me and the check engine light a flash and my gear switch will play around before shutting off I was wondering if there could be answer to why this is happening. If I sit still too long it will cut off I have a 2006 Pontiac grand prix.

10,065

Have it scanned for trouble codes. That's always the first step in diagnosing a problem like this. There is information stored in the car's computer that may guide you to the problem.

30

my 04 pontiac grand prix some times has issues starting i have to give it gas for it to stay at a idle and seems to be happing more frequently is that’s from the fuel filter cuz of the shity gas we got ? or is it another problem

30

also it has no engine light on it’s not throwing any codes ???

10,065

I’d check fuel pressure. Maybe a failing fuel pump. Possibly a fuel filter problem which is easily and cheaply addressed by changing the filter. Could also be an issue with electrical connections at the fuel tank.