Just got new fog lights for my grand prix 06 and they are the other styles with the bottom fog lights I installed myself but the fog lights dont work. What I'm I missing

Asked by Mar 03, 2015 at 11:07 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

Need to know if I'm missing a fuse or do I
need to do some wired work.

107,685

Do you have the switch inside the car for the lights? If you do then it is possible that the relay is missing if the vehicle never had the lamps from the factory, it's location would have been in the power distribution box under the hood, look at the diagram to locate the lamps relay on the main panel, if the relay is there then check for the fuse for the driving lights and see if it is there. Don't forget that these lights only function with the headlights on low beam, you cannot turn them on without the headlight being on.

Thanks for the help but what switch inside the car you talking about?

I have no switch to turn The fog lights on. Because the signal lights turn on when I turn the headlights on like usual

107,685

You should have a switch with the little headlight sign and it will show the little beams showing an angle downward coming from the light emblem. On your car it could be on the overhead console or down by the headlight switch then just to the right.

Still nothing .

107,685

So if you can't find the switch then your car was not setup for the lights, it maybe wired for them but the switch, fuse and relay was never installed. You might try a wrecking yard for the componets needed or you just put in you own set of wiring, relay and fuse circuit, than way you could turn them on and off whenever. But would suggest wiring it to an source that it only hot with the key on so if you happen to forget to turn them off they won't kill your battery.

The switch is located on the left side of the steering wheel, on the arm you use for the blinkers, in the middle of that, roll that forward and fogs will come on. I have an 07 GT , same switch

I have a pontiac grand prix gt 2001 i want to install after market fog lights but i was woundering. If i could just use my old hook ups because they are already in place why put all new wires in it is that possible???

107,685

Should work, just make sure the stock wiring can handle the load, some of the aftermarket lamps draw a lot more current than stock. I switched my stock fog lights to LED lamps really dropped the load on the wiring and they hooked right up to the stock connectors.