Bright lights randomly go on and I have to wiggle the turn signal to turn them off

5

Asked by Feb 05, 2015 at 11:12 AM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

The high beam lights activate for no reason while I am driving and the only way to shut them off is if I wiggle the turn signal arm. They will continue to do this while I am driving and it really angers the cars in front of me. Can anyone offer me a suggestion?

735

The dimmer switch is part of the turn signal arm. You will likely need to replace the switch. Might want to check that the wiring harness is properly connected. first.

4,655

Agree. Its either that switch or the wiring leading up to it.

61,005

Replace the "multifunction" switch.

40

I don't have one because I'm having the same problem with my 2006 Pontiac Grand prix.

70

I'm having the same problem with my 2006 Pontiac grand Prix almost everything I use my right turn signal my bright lights come on as well.

20

I've got behind 3 cops and this has happened. Not fun. Apparently it's the turn signal arm or the wiring... honestly easy to order the part yourself and do it.

40

Mine had the same issue, just started today found the problem. The wire connecting to the switch had gotten lose. Just had to pull the switch and reinsert the wire. It's the brown wire in the harness.

I had the same problem. On mine it was some excess grease that was on the switch was making contact with the high beam switch. I don't know how much a paper towel costs but it's gotta be a hell of a lot cheaper to wipe the grease off than. Hanger the switch.

I had the same problem. On mine it was some excess grease that was on the switch was making contact with the high beam switch. I don't know how much a paper towel costs but it's gotta be a hell of a lot cheaper to wipe the grease off than changing the switch.