How do I program the remote factory to start my 2006 grand prix! do I actually have to take it to the dealership

Asked by Mar 22, 2014 at 05:23 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

555

Transmitter Programming No Tools Required In the event that a transmitter is lost, program the old and the new transmitters into the memory of the remote control door lock receiver. Up to 4 transmitters may be programmed. Important Once the keyless entry receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode, the programming of the first transmitter erases all previous transmitter programming information. You must then program all of the transmitters. Program only 1 vehicle remote control door lock receiver at a time. If you program multiple receivers simultaneously, the same transmitter could possibly be programmed to more than 1 remote control door lock receiver. Perform the following steps: Sit in the vehicle driver's seat. (actually it’s much ezr from the front pass seat) Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. Close all of the vehicle's doors. Remove the MALL PGM fuse from the fuse panel. Refer to Electronic Diagnosis in Body and Chassis. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to the ACC position. Turn the ignition lock cylinder OFF, then back to ACC within 1 second. Open and then close any vehicle door. You will hear a chime when the remote control door lock receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode. If you do not hear a chime, start again at step 1. Important After 7 seconds, you may hear a chime confirming successful synchronization. After approximately 14 seconds, you will hear a chime confirming successful programming. Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds. Repeat step 8 in order to program each additional transmitter. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. Install the MALL PGM fuse back into the fuse panel. Refer to Electrical Diagnosis in Body and Chassis. Validate that all the transmitters that were programmed operate properly. Refer to Keyless Entry System Operation.

110

2008 gran prix pontianc

160

Does this work for a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix?