acceleration problems

Asked by Dec 25, 2013 at 07:34 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

car is services every 2000 mi/now has 115000 mi/just had first tune up, which did not fix
the problem.  It started about 3 wks ago when I accelerate the gas, at any speed, it wants
to it has bad gas or not getting gas?? Also just replaced the Fuel Float as it
was bad, but this did not solve prob either. No dash lights come on either. Before I end up
paying someone an arm and leg can someone please help me?

try the gas pedal transducer~ position-sensor/p3070680.jcwx? TID=8000000&origin=pla&JCW=1&JCW_SRC=PPC&003=27372719&0 10=06PoGrStaSIAPS224&VSID=d50286y2006j1&gclid=CJTq05bTzLsC FdEWMgod-z4AFg

the throttle position sensor is the counterpart~

I would add a can of sea foam to a full tank of GOOD gas. I always try to use chevron with techron fuel. And buy it only from stores that are in high traffic areas. This will clean your injectors and get any water or bad gas out of the system.

you could stick at tester on either of them to look for an erratic signal...then replace the erratic items~

aah, we have a disagreement---as I would advise against Techron as it will clean ORGANIC compounds that you may need...on an older car you'll find leather seals on the accelerator pump and the fuel pressure regulator has some type of stretchy butyl rubber that turns fragile when "cleaned" by tho you're quickly becoming the master guru, this is a place where I'm gonna take issue....those chemistry boys, I tell ya~

Well we will just have to agree to disagree on this one then. That is the only type of gas I will run in my 1985 z28(28 years old) and my 1991 3000gt (22 years old) and I have absolutely no issues with it. But I would believe that on some much older models it might give you problems.

it's like switching to synthetic has pluses and minuses as well....aggressively seeking out the organic compounds and dissolving them maybe it's okay, because it forces us into the 21st least there aren't HEMPEN compounds like one might find on a sailing boat~...or even innocent ROPE...used for centruries until MONSANTO and the ilk made HEMP illegal~ canvas is still the superior product and has been for centuries~

over 100,000 miles and just had its first tune up? who is doing the work? at that kind of mileage, it should have a major service, usually at 90,000 miles- check your owner's manual for all the work to be done- anything from an air filter to a fuel filter etc. could cause the problem you describe- sorry, no way around automobiles costing an arm and a leg- cheap out and you are walkin'