How do you remove power brake booster

275

Asked by Oct 01, 2012 at 01:17 PM about the 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

34,015

Remove the bolts from the inside of the car. Why are you trying to remove the booster??

275

my brakes are not stopping properly. when i push brakes i here air coming from booster

275

where exactly are the bolts located at.

34,015

The air coming from the booster is normal. If the booster was bad it would create a huge vacuum leak and the car would run horribly. When the car is shut off and you hit the brakes it releases the vacuum in the booster making a loud hissing. After the vacuum is released the pedal should become stiff. Who diagnosed your brake problem?

275

the car is running horrible. a neighbor hood shop.

275

i changed the brakes as normal. i bled brakes as normal i never have a problem. but this time the car will stop one minute then next minute it will stop then brakes go to floor and car wont stop

34,015

Brake pedal going to floor is NOT a bad booster. A bad booster is the exact opposite. Almost impossible to stop the vehicle because the brake pedal is so difficult to press. I would recommend taking it to another shop but if you seriously just want to replace the booster I'll find the procedure. Let me know.

275

i want to replace it because i bought it now if you think it will help. what would do you think it might be. i think im going to take it to the shop i just dont want them to charge me for things that is not wrong

34,015

Take it to a shop have them look it over and give you an estimate. Take it to another shop and pretend you naver went to the first one. If they say something different. Go to a third place. Replacing the booster can be very simple or sometimes its a humongous pain. I looked in chiltons and it doesn't explain the procedure which means they are saying if you need instructions on this job don't work on your own car. Its basic R&R and a very simple job.

110

How do i check to make sure that is the power booster.

10

My car when I break everything is ok, but when I slightly relief pressure it like it shift and become too powerful an stop too quickly

10

My 2008 nissan altima how do I know if the break booster is bad after I start driving the breaks start too grab. Then if I let the brakes cool down they seem to be okay. What am I over looking. Please and thank you