need help!!

Asked by Feb 23, 2016 at 04:40 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

I'm looking to purchase a 2005 Grand Prix GTP
they're asking 3,000 for it and it is in great
condition. According to the pictures, there's only a
small dent on the passenger side door. We're
thinking of having it for at least 2-3 years more. So
I'm not to sure what to do since everything seems
to be higher then our budget... but this one fits
right in. Would this be Bea good purchase or a bad
one?

How many miles are on it ?

There's 189000 miles on this 05 GTX

Per nada rough trade is $1,425 Average trade is $2,225 Clean trade is $2,875 Clean retail is 4,900

246,995

Hard to say without seeing it, but I always advise anyone buying a used car to have it inspected by their mechanic before purchase. A small fee to pay to know your getting a decent car and not wasting your $$$. You will know if it is safe to drive and what repairs it needs to be 100% upfront instead of after signing the deal. Good Luck!

985

Who else would know better than a GM Mechanic? I would tell you to spend $50-$100 and have a ASE Tech look it over and get his opinion. It's better to spend a little and know what you are buying, versus asking strangers who have not seen the car. If the seller does not want the car to be checked over by a mechanic, move on no matter how nice the car looks. Good luck.

745

It's kind of a double edged sword. You could buy it because it fits in your budget right now and be fine OR you could buy it and have to dump another 2 grand in an engine/transmission 6 months from now. I usually recommend financing an affordable car with a warranty for daily driver, and cash cars as a secondary vehicle.

985

This car , similar ran through auction recently and sold for $336 with 155K on it. Unless the tires are new, new brakes, will pass inspection 100% it MIGHT be worth NADA, but you can take that number and start the deductions. My advice: SAVE YOUR $$

4,075

Not sure about the price as I'm in Canada. These are great cars and typically go 200,000 miles, but of course not without some maintenance. They usually start needing wheel bearings, axles and struts at around 100,000 miles. The engines typically go forever, but I've changed a transmission or two at random times and for various reasons. A used car is always a gamble, especially if there are no service records. Go over it carefully or have it checked out or both, and try to pay as little as possible for it. There are tons of them around so don't be afraid to low ball a little on the price and see what happens and don't be afraid to move on if its not a good fit. There are lots of good used cars around.

Best Answer