Apparently there was a clamp left on my coolant hose for 3 months. My car never over heated. Now is sounds like there is water in my dashboard swishing around. What could that be? Also what other problems could arise from the clamp being left on for that long?

Asked by Apr 29, 2014 at 08:48 AM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

300,125

If you hear water moving around, it can be a sign of air in the coolant system, you can be low on coolant, check your coolant level. Not sure where the said clamp was located that you think it is an issue. Can you post a pic?

There is a lot of issues with my car. My heat has not worked for 4 winters in a row now. I go without heat tille about jan-feb then take it to get fixed which by that time its getting warmer and i dont use it as much. 1st time they said it was my thermostat. by next winter it wasnt working again. 2nd time it was my heater core. By next winter it didnt work again.3rd time said I needed a cooolant flush. By next winter didnt work again. This time they told me the person that did my last coolant flush put the wrong coolant in so I needed another one. This was in jan this year and I didnt find this clamp on my hose until it was time for another oil change. So its been there for almost 4 months. my engine knocks, when i go over speed bumps it sounds like my car needs wd-40, and when I turn my wheel sometimes it makes this god awful screeching noise. I think its time for a new car; you agree? lol