2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Will not start!!!! IN DESPERATE NEED OF SUGGESTIONS!!!!!

85

Asked by Jun 21, 2012 at 05:30 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Ok so this is a weird one for everyone,
My car starts normally 98% of the time!!!! I have a brand new battery which is definately good! I had a shop check all of my connections and run an electrical conductivity test on the car three times it passed all three times! they checked all of your common problems yet every test they ran the stupid thing passed (i have been to two shops and had 4 mechanics look at it!) the altenator is definately good.... now heres what it does
it clicks at me when I try to start it, now this only seems to happen if its plus 25 degrees celcius outside and I have yet to start my car that day!!!! If I have access to jumper cables and another vehicle I can boost it and it will start but as soon as I shut it off it wont run until it cools off outside!!! Now heres the catch, Im 20 weeks pregnant and live on a farm in the middle of now where, it is very rare someone is here to help me boost it and no one can seem to find the problem!!! someone please give me some advise on what I can do so I can rely on this car!!!!!!

275,065

It has to be one of your battery cables, or wires/grounds that are connected, but once they get warm loose the connection. Try this....when it warm and it clicks at you, have someone open the hood and wiggle one wire or cable at a time while you turn the key to find the problem area..

85

thanks I will definately try that this afternoon because it looks like its gonna a be a hot one again lol

4,655

I had a similar problem with one of my cars. It turned out to be a weak electrical connection that my mechanic finally found after several tries. It was not at the battery but somewhere else in the electrical system. I'm not sure where. In the mean time you need to have a spare fully charged battery (it doesn't have to be a new one, it just has to hold a charge) and a set of jumper cables on hand so you don't end up stranded. Secure it in the trunk when you travel or have it handy at home so you can self start if you need to. Good luck with the car...and the baby. :)