Locking & Unlocking 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

Asked by Jun 26, 2015 at 08:05 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

Does power have to be going to the actuator before a door can be locked or unlocked using any of methods provided by Pontiac and if so can the door be manually opened and if so how?

When I recently discovered my key will lock but not unlock my car I replaced the actuator but failed to plug it in and I did not install the rod that provides a way to manually unlock the car because I was having problem s attaching it to the actuator. When I got the car back together the driver’s door was locked and would not respond to any lock or unlock commands using the key, remote or driver door switch. The other 3 doors respond to lock and unlock commands using the remote, drivers door switch or lock only using the key.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

3,915

There's a faint chance that a lock smith or a tow truck operator might be able to get hold of the lock mechanism using a slim jim which is the tool they use for unlocking cars when people have left the keys locked inside. if so the door can be unlocked. If not I suspect you will be faced with the very difficult task of removing the interior door panel with the door closed so you can get inside and hook up the wiring.

Thanks!

9,140

I'll give you credit on that answer because it is indeed a bad problem. Had it happen on my G6