2005 Pontiac Grand Prix enigine jerk

Asked by Jul 21, 2011 at 06:04 PM about the 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

Question about a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix: Some times as soon as I step on the gas pedal the engine will jerk then take off. Another thing that happens is when I"m driving and the car is heated up, as the RPM's drop from accelerating the engine will jerk to.

I had the transmission flushed and the problem is still happening.  Another thing is when they dropped the pan their was no metal shavings in it and the color was normal.

I took it to a transmission shop but the car was driving perfect and he told me to wait for the problem to get worse than bring it back.

I'm going to take it to another shop, I"m just wondering if any one on here might know what the problem might be. The car has 66,xxx miles.

50

Hey, I just read your question, I'm not sure if you even still have the problem or not. I own a 2005 grand prix and had the exactly the same issue. I fixed it with one thing. When you had the transmission flushed, did they use Wynn's additive? If they did not, you should really take it in again and get it flushed with that additive. I had it done about a week ago, and it is happening less and less. I was told it would take about a week to work. The problem is the valve box in the transmission, there are solenoids and valves that are building up with gunk, and causing them to stick. Wynn's additive breaks that specific gunk up. Hopefully this helps, I know it's a very problem that's pretty specific to grand prix.