Abs & traction control & brake light on

Asked by Nov 30, 2014 at 07:54 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

My abs/traction/brake light are on , I can't pull any data with the scanner . I get other
data , Engine codes or trans data all others'' but NO brake data , Is the abs/brake
module bad? Checked connections-grounds
there ok . When i try to get any codes or other brake data the scanner says no data or
no connection ? Can someone help!

8,860

Most of the time it's one of the pickup units on the wheels , probably a connector Have you changed a flat or been over some very rough roads?

3,875

While it could be the ABS system or a sensor it could also be a failed wheel bearing or front axle, or both. Do you have any vibrations in the front end as well? It seems that things work under very close tolerances at the wheels and a worn drive line parts seem to allow enough movement to send incorrect readings to the brake system which eventually makes it shut down. I've had that happen on several GM front wheel drive cars and after replacing bearings and axles the computer gets it figured out and the problem goes away. If your car has 180,000 km or more on it those front end parts are pretty much worn out and will start giving you problems. If its in the budget change out both front axles and both front bearings. Use the best quality parts you can find so you're not doing it again in a year (I speak from experience) and you should be good for another 100,000 km.