Heavy scratches on passenger and driver side windows. 2004 grand prix gt. Doorhandles?

Asked by May 07, 2008 at 01:43 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

I have a 2004 grand prix gt and there are heavey scraches on the passenger and driver side windows. This is caused from rolling up and down the window. Has any one else had this problem and if so do you know a way to fix it? I dont see scratches on other cars like this except a few other grand prixs. It is a huge bummer because I keep my car nice and the dealership will not help. Any one let me know, thanks.

Sounds like something is rubbing, but the only way to know what is to take the door panel off and look around in there.

I have the same problem with my driver side window mostly and with the passenger side too. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard and it sucks. I havnt taken the door panel off yet but it could be little peices of sand that is getting in from the ground. I know it totally sucks and i am getting little scrathces on my window too and i wash my car every week.

Same problem with my 04 GT. I think it has to do with the black plastic/feltish type thing on the outside sill, and it collects the dirt and dust from the window. Kinda sucks, my last vehicle had the same issue

Yes, I see these scratches all the time on cars. I have a business which removes these scratches, based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. I do have people also within Australia that freight me their windows to remove the scratches from. Don't even bother trying to remove these by hand with a polish, it won't work. I have a machine that does the work and achieve excellent results. www.scratchlessglass.com.au