water is getting in the cabin how hard is it to replace the water deflector and cabin filter

65

Asked by Apr 04, 2008 at 11:02 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

water is getting in cabin how hard is it to change the water deflector and cabin air filter.

42,565

Never heard of the water deflector but the cabin air filter is located behind the glove box and usually requires removal of the glove box to replace.

Best Answer
140

I took my 04 Comp G apart last night for the same issue (the water deflector fell off and way laying on the filter). The air filter is NOT behind the glove box. It's under the cowl. Here's some info: Date: February 25, 2005 TECHNICAL Subject: Water Leak On Front Passenger Floor (Install Water Deflector) Models: 2005 Buick LaCrosse, Allure (Canada Only) 2004-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Supercede: This bulletin is being revised to update the models, model years and Correction information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 03-08-57-006A (Section 08 - Body And Accessories) Condition Some customers may comment on water leaking onto the front passenger carpet. Cause Water may be getting past the rubber water deflector located under the air inlet grille panel. During diagnosis, the technician may note that the passenger compartment air filter is wet. Correction Install the new plenum water deflector. Follow the procedure below: 1. Position the windshield wipers in the up position. 2. Open the hood. 3. Remove the hood seal. 4. Remove the washer hose from the right air inlet grille panel. 5. Remove the push pin that retains the air inlet grille panel. 6. Remove the air inlet grille panel. Important: If Corporate Bulletin Number 03-08-57-006A was performed, it will be necessary to remove the strip of foam that was installed on the front edge of the cowl. 7. Discard the rubber water deflector. 8. Install the new designed plenum water deflector. 9. Install the air inlet grille panel. 10. Install the push pins. 11. Install the washer hose. 12. Install the hood seal. 13. Close the hood. 14. Return the windshield wipers to the park position. Parts Information Parts are expected to be available from GMSPO on 3/2/05. _OR__ Remove the foam/rubber seal.Clean both the seal and metal where its fits onto.Prime and ureathane back on.They fall off and water goes into the vent.Easy fast fix,design flaw. \

65

thank you i got this fixed at the dealer and was aware of this bulletin they tried to charge 135$ crazy the part is like 7$ dollars so any way they wanted 40 for the cabin airfilter i politely said no and got one for 17$ and took the 5 minute job apart and put my own filter in in the end i paid only fortysixdollars for the dealer work and 17$ and put the filter in myself and wish i had the dealer part it would have only cost me 24dollrs. not 63dollars

20

I stumbled upon this post while looking for something else... my daughter has a 2004 Grand Prix, and I've looked everywhere to find the water leak. This must be it! Where do I find the new "plenum water deflector"? I've called a couple of dealers, and the parts people can't find anything. No supercedes on the TSB # referenced above. Does anyone have a part number? Is it available aftermarket? Any help would be appreciated.

100

part number 15794785

180

This website shows you exactly how to fix it! I HATE GM TOO!!!!! http://forums.themustangsource.com/f647/i-hate-gm-even-more-now-pontiac-grand-prix-funtimes-489107/

10

Mine is wet on the drivers side. Same problem?