i have a 2004 grand prix 3800 series 3 runs good until you start giving it alot of gas then it feels like somebody has a rope tie to it holding it back already changed plugs and wires did not work

Asked by Oct 25, 2015 at 12:49 AM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2

Did you change the fuel filter?

no not yet i hope thats it . runs great until you give it alot of gas and then it will stall and miss

There is a mass air flow valve in the exhaust that could be giving you grief, and or the catalytic converter. These are other things to look at...

sounds like a plugged cat converter, you can almost tell by the sound and feel, the engine will sound muffled and the car has a constipated feel

Sounds like a plugged cat but I had one of these cars and ended up being the mass air flow valve and not the cat. MAF should be checked first.

Especially if you have an aftermarket air filter that requires oil. The oil for the air filter contaminates the MAF. HTH. -Jim

I agree Jim those air filters that are oil charged cause a lot of problems, People that have them either don't clean and recharge them or I get them with the engine light on and I pull them in the shop and they are dripping oil. I personally would not put one in my car