Bought a new wheel hub w/sensor to fix ABS System light problem on 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix- but it still didn't fix the problem..HELLPP? Any other suggestions?

Michelle Callahan

Asked by Mar 09, 2015 at 08:25 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2

Yes, bad axles and wheel bearings will mess with the ABS. I've had it happen on several occasions. If its got over 100 thousand miles on it or more and if the bearings and axles are original they're probably starting to wear out. If its in the budget replace both front wheel bearings with good quality American made parts and both axles. Of course do some proper diagnostics first to make sure that's where the problem is so you don't spend money fixing something that's not broken.

I'm having a similar problem. Except my T/C light is on too . And it's making a clunking sound when I turn either direction :-\

T/C and ABS are controlled by the same system and I think even use the same sensor so when one acts up the other usually does too. It sounds like you're in need of new front axles as well. If its in the budget (and if they haven't already been done) replace front wheel bearings as well. Use a good quality brand name bearing even if it costs a little more. The cheaper no name off shore bearings just don't seem to last very long.