Grand Prix stalls out when accelerating

5

Asked by Jan 13, 2014 at 05:46 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT1

My 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix will stall out if I press on the accelerator. I have ran codes and they come back MAP and MAF sensors are bad. So I replaced the MAP and cleaned the MAF and reset the codes. And it still stalls. I then replaced the fuel filter, cleaned EGR valve, checked for vacuum leaks, cleaned distributor caps and wires. I still have not located the problem. The vehicle will run but if I push too far on the accelerator it will stall out and I can start it back up. Any ideas?

21,325

Cleaning the MAF usually won't work Replace it and see what it does. When you cleared the codes it will take at least 2 drive cycles to reset the check engine light.

5

I got one on order. I will try and hopefully this works. I'm running out of ideas. Anyone else have anything?

I'm having the same problem. Just wondering if the new MAF sensor fixed the problem.

I'm having the same issue I've replaced the map, maf, get, there are no leaks in the fuel lines, I installed a new fuel pump and filter. My only other thought is it's somehow the secondary air injection pump (which needs replaced, which I doubt as I've never had this issue before) or there is a governor on it.