Ok I need help with my 2003 Grand Prix 3100. I've replaced the front head and all gaskets and heater core cuz it was overheating and smoking from under the hood now it's smoking from exhaust pipe ..y?

Asked by Mar 16, 2015 at 02:49 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

You ALWAYS replace both heads at the same time. The other head could have a blown gasket as well. Do you have the smell of coolant at the exhaust pipe?

It smells like burnt coolant... I advised replacing both and the moron working on it wouldn't do it saying it dont need it

Don't EVER use that idiot again. I hate to tell you this but you need to have all redone properly before any major damage is done.

Have all wat redone... They say the top head is fine cuz I've not been driving it... I only started it realized it was doin that n turned it off changed oil... N now I'm here trying to see wat I need to do from here??

I love Pontiac won't own nothing else... Plz tell me my Mz. Cherry isn't junk!!!

take it to another reputable shop and have the check into it. The other head gasket could be bad or front one wasn't done right or even worse a cracked block. They will have to take the engine apart again.

So will they kno if the engine is bad when they get the back head off or does an engine have to b takin out to find out?

When the heads are removed the engine can be inspected better, both heads must be removed to do the job properly.The engine block is more than likely just fine. Does the oil look milky? if so DO NOT drive it at all.

Best Answer Mark helpful

I agree with the above reply. Need to remove both heads and go from there. If you are in California you may file a complaint with the bureau of automotive repair. www.smogcheck.ca.gov

Yes the oil looked like chocolate milk that's why I changed it...

I'm not in California I'm in Illinois and I bought this car and I'm jus tryin to fix it... It didnt run when I bought it...

Am I going to have to replace the gaskets again when we remove the top head? It hasn't been drove but once after we replaced top head..

Yes, once a gasket has been compressed it cannot be reused. Have the heads checked for cracks and if good have them resurfaced, also if it's in your budget have a valve job done as well, I know that Pontiac is your baby so you may as well do it right.

Yes!!! That's all I've wanted to do... I want it done right... I want her purring n bogging... Lol

Not bogging* lol