Where could the gas be coming from?

Asked by May 30, 2013 at 08:14 PM about the 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

I have a 2003 Grand Prix 3.8. It's been sitting for about six months. I originally stop
driving it because I could smell fuel under the hood. I thought there was a fuel leak.
This past weekend, I replaced the battery and gas and got her started. There were no
apparent fuel leaks, but when I took off the oil cap, the smell of fuel hit me in the face.
So I'm thinking, fuel rail, injectors, regulator or maybe even plugs. On this model the
FPR is connected to the rail and 'm trying to figure out how to diag it before I go
replacing everything. BTW, another symptom - on flat ground she runs fine, but when I
stop ona hill she cuts off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

26,115

Umm....I had a 2000 GP (Base Model, not GT) as a company car and I had a problem with smelling fuel around the car. Turns out part of the damn fuel tank itself separated from the bottom of the car. Have that checked out as a possibility.

246,205

The fuel is probably evaporating. Don't operate the car till you find the leak, you don't want a fire. Since it cuts off going up the hill, you might be losing pressure due to the leak and you don't want to be driving the car with possible gasoline mixing with the oil. I'd inspect for a leaky injector.

99,085

How to test your FPR (fuel pressure regulator) http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/showpost.php? p=1922161&postcount=15

Where is the fuel pressure regulator on a 99 Pontiac Grand Prix 3.8