Engine swap?

5

Asked by Jun 24, 2011 at 08:56 PM about the 1990 Audi V8 4 Dr quattro AWD Sedan

I recently bought a 1990 va quattro. The timing belt is snapped and apparently the engine is shot. However the rest of the car in and out is beautiful. Is changing out the engine as big of a job as i think it might be?  Is it easy to put a new timing belt and h20 pump in the new motor before i put it back into the car?  thanks
  Chris

engine swap is not that bad,just mark all plug ins and wires so you will know you are wireing it back up right.your engine broke the timeing belt,that motor is junk,it is a non interference engine,bent valves ,other internal damage.

5

thanks, im thinking of taking the old engine out myself, and then having a mechanic put in the new engine (which i have not bought yet) i wonder if that will save me much money? I see i can get a motor for this car for around 1000.00 from several different quotes. I heard SHOKAN part is the best to but audi parts and engines from. has anyone used these guys? thanks

5

(best to buy) typo

92,075

Check in at Audiworld.com and Audizine.com for tips on the care and feeding of your Audi