Dashboard removal on 1990 v8 quattro

25

Asked by Mar 20, 2007 at 12:56 AM about the 1990 Audi V8 4 Dr quattro AWD Sedan

How does one remove the dashboard to access instruments on the 1990 quattro v8?

20,780

Hi Yarter! Dashboards are notoriously complicated this to disassemble. You should go to your local parts store or book store and lay a few bucks down for the Chilton's for your Audi. That will give the step-by-step procedures to get the instruments in the easiest and least damaging manner. Good luck!

Best Answer
25

Unfortunately, I haven't found a manual for this car.

I have looked all over for a manual for my Audi. Unfortunately, the last place I checked with, the people who actually publish the manuals, told me that for my '90 Quattro V8 ,informed me that they had been discontinued. Any ideas who might have one? I am having issues with the heater, and blower motor, and a leak we can't find in the transmission. Also the back windows won't roll down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love my Audi, it just so happens I purchased it from a used car lot not knowing, or having been informed that it had been wrecked.

Did you ever get an answer to your question. I have the same questions and would like to know what others had to say. Thanks

105

Remove the 8 4mm allen screws that hold it in place. One is in the window vent. two are under the speaker grills. one for the instrument cluster, one behind the column cover and three are hidden under ac vents, pulling the vent our and looking "up" you will see a cutout in the trim, that will expose the remaining screws, the far left vent, the right vent in the center and the left vent on the passenger side. Pop the front of the pad "up" and out about 1" (so it clears the IC) then take it out the passenger door.