How to replace a turn signal flasher switch?

Asked by May 13, 2015 at 09:34 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

There's an airbag involved so if you're not familiar with the airbag system don't attempt to do the repair! The airbag system retains power after the ignition is turned off. This is so that, in a collision, if the car's power fails the airbags will still deploy! HTH. -Jim

Thanks. Which means pull the fuse for the air bag if working on it? Any good YouTube videos best helps this scenario? Think its fuse 9 but not sure. My dad wants to save me money by taking it to O'Reillys but those clerks are not always trained professionals. So might be better to spend money doing it right even if it costs 60 bucks per hour which in this case probably hour and a half which would be at least 120 bucks give or take on estimate via a Mechanic if I bring the part with me.

Yes, you can pull the airbag fuse but I prefer disconnecting the negative (-) battery cable. Then wait 5 minutes before starting the repair. This will allow the airbag system to discharge. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer Mark helpful

Does it matter pulling fuse or not? Just battery cable only after 5 minutes?

Never mind. Its not the module switch. The one your talking about is 400 bucks this flasher switch is directly under dash its only 30 bucks.

I see. Well for future reference, if you disconnect the negative battery cable then you don't have to bother pulling the fuse. Thank you for the best answer click! -Jim

Thanks again. We got a guy that does body work that is installing the signal/wiper/hazard/cruise control switch in column. Found out AM Auto saved me money online vs O'Reillys auto parts store.

Is there any videos on how to replace a turn signal switch on a 1993 Pontiac grand prix LE?

I have the steering wheel off but I don't see how to get the switch out, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks