Where is the airbag sensor in a 2002 pontiac grand prix.

Asked by Sep 11, 2014 at 01:17 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

I was in accident and i was hit head on with a pickup. I was going about 35-40 and my car
was considered a total loss. He was driving a 2002 chevy pickup and his airbags deployed
and my didn't. I want to know why so im trying to figure out how the airbags go off when
your in accident. I am going to sue.

Sue whom? GM? Good Luck...and that's not sarcasm, I do wish you well. There is far more to it than the impact sensors, there are modules, and all sorts of components Google "GM Air Bag Case Law". and you will find lots of information, but you have two issues....every one I looked at the suits were for 2003 model years to present. No TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) or re-calls for 2002 air-bag problems. Since I am not a lawyer that's really all I can say. Other than good to see you are alive and (well?) and not killed. A 35 mph head-on each vehicle doing 35= hitting a stationary object at 70

Best Answer

Well i was was wearing a seat belt and the whole front of my car is smashed. So how does a 2006 chevy airbags go off and mine dont. I had 4 people in the car only reason i was going 35 is because i slammed on my breaks and the guy driving the pickup didnt.

3,875

I know the American dream is free money via lawsuit, but if you're driving an '02 Pontiac (like I am, well, OK, its an '03) then you don't have the resources to sue anybody (like I don't) so let it go. It does seem odd that they didn't deploy, but as has been stated already, there's lots of reasons why that might have happened. Having said that, GM might be interested in knowing about it, but I doubt it on a 12 year old car. If you do decide to let them know, while you're at it why don't you thank them for engineering good seat belts that saved you and your passengers from injury and good brakes that allowed you to get slowed down. You'll feel a lot better, and you won't have to mortgage your house to hire a lawyer. Glad you're OK.