I have a 2002 pontiac grand prix gtp supercharge,I bought it couple years ago,abs light was on,I have replace three hub bearing,abs pump is making noise,is there ever been a recall due to abs problem

Asked by Feb 16, 2015 at 03:43 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

4,855

Not sure about the recall. I don't think so, but its easy to find out. Phone any GM dealership and give them the vin and they will tell you. It's not a secret. It's most likely a wheel sensor, a poor electrical connection, a wheel bearing or an axle shaft. All of those things will make the ABS light come on and shut the system down. Some diagnostics are in order first, but I'm going to say if the system is making noise and if you are feeling pulsing in the brake pedal, especially while making hard low speed turns it is an axle shaft or bearing. I've had that happen on several occasions with several GM fwd cars. Bear in mind its an old car and especially if its a high miler it may not be worth fixing. The car works just fine with or without ABS and noisy wheel bearings and axles can go a long time before they have to be replaced. Might be time to finish wearing it out and start planning for a newer car. Just my two cents worth...