is there a way to ma?ke headlight always on when running

55

Asked by Sep 18, 2014 at 06:21 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Son drives car to school early in morning.   Lights do not turn off automatically when
turned on manually just after dawn.    I tried covering the photoresistor with electrical
tape to trick it into thinking it's always dark out so auto will make this happen, but tape
made no difference.    Lights don't come on unless it's quite dark out and we want them
to burn when it's dusky (right after sunrise).  Other than this one little tweak, I've got to
say it is making a fantastic first car for my 16 year old.   He couldn't be more happy with
it!

There is probably a way to install DRL's (Daytime running lights) but considering the cost but I'm afraid he's just going to have to learn to remember to turn them off at school. All part of learning to drive experience

Looking for DRL kits..

https://www.google.com/webhp? ei=UF4bVMa2FqHxiQLahoGYCA&ved=0CAYQqS4oBA#q=drl+kits

3,955

my son remembered real quick to turn his off when he had to get his car jump started twice after school. DRL's aren't the answer, because on that car, it's the high beams on 30% power to make the car more visible others not help you see the road.

55

I tried the electrical tape over the light sensor on the dash again, and now I have what I was hoping for. Since the car thinks it is always dark, the lights come on any time the car is running, but shuts them off when the keys are off. :-) Happy days, no more dead batteries when my son get out of school....