My 2002 grand prix gt wont start. Im pretty sure its not the pass key thing cause the security light goes out when I put my key in. Please help me figure this out.

30

Asked by Apr 12, 2014 at 03:15 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

121,015

Have you checked your battery voltage and battery connections?

30

I just replaced my battery cause I thought that it was bad and its not the battery

121,015

If auto trans could be neutral safety switch. If manual trans could be clutch pedal switch. Does it make any sound at all when you turn the key?

30

Its auto trans. Its doesnt really make a sound. I had the starter and alternator checked they are still good. Do u think its my ignition switch/ module?

30

Neutral safety switch? Never heard of that.

121,015

The switch insures that car will only crank in park or neutral.

121,015

Have you tried jump starting it? If not you might want to try that before digging to deep into other areas. Place positive jumper cable on the battery and the negative jumper cable end on any metal part of the motor. If it then cranks or try's to crank you have a connection issue either with the battery or the negative battery cable to the frame or motor.

30

Oh.... where is that located? My car is in park when I try to start it. Should I try it in neutral?

30

Yes I have tried jumping it. I changed the posts ( its a side post battery) and checked the wires all was good. It started like twice since then but hasnt for the past two days. I try a couple times a day. I was told it might be something in my ignition area thats why I thought it was the pass key thing but the security light goes out when I put my key in.

121,015

You can.

121,015

Have you had the doors open while working on it? If so your battery could be dead again. Just a thought.

15

i am having the same problem with my 05 pontiac except sometimes i get this little bit of power like the lights go on and i go to start it it attempts then just dies i had a message up for a second on the center display saying something like theft system disabled or something anyone have any clue lol