Brake Problem

Asked by Sep 08, 2012 at 10:19 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

I just changed the power brake booster and the master cylinder on my 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix gt. I still have no pressure on my brakes and it sounds like there is still a leak somewhere. also my tail lights won't turn off.

1,165

Have you car towed to a Pontiac dealership or certified mechanic. Brakes and steering are not for do it yourselfers.

223,035

Did you bleed the brakes?

did you bench bleed the master cylinder ? if not you can bleed the brakes for a year and never get a pedal.

215

Have to bench bleed master cylinder before putting on the vehicle. If you have never done that before i recommand to have it takin to shop.

to bleed the master remove it from the car just the master not the booster. clamp it good in a vise ,you should have gotten a bleeder kit with the new one , 2 hoses and a couple of fittings, find the fitting that fits, tighten it hand tight attach the hoses to the fittings and place the other end of the hoses in the master below the fluid line ,take a phillips screwdriver and pump the plunger on the master untill you see no more bubbles, leave the hoses attached intill you reinstall it. attach the brake lines and bleed the brakes starting with the passenger side rear , the driver side rear , passenger front ,driver front, in that order. good luck.

645

I agree you must bench bleed the master cylinder.As far as the brake lights go,there is a switch behind the brake pedal that causes the lights to go on when you put your foot on it.You can get a new one at most parts stores.