how can the DRL be shut off?....remove the fuse?

Asked by Sep 15, 2008 at 06:28 AM about the 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix SE

the Daylight Running Lights are not my favorite option to have...i would like to have them off until light are needed like at night...what can i do???thanks john

10,235

As a legal disclaimer, any alteration, disabling, or intentional damage to factory installed saftey equipment is illegal in almost every state. No that you are aware you can check the link below to answer your question. DLR is tied into your headlights and headlight switch. http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=96&catid=107

165

i believe there is an easier and cost free way to do this. if you open the cover on the drivers side of the dash(little cover you can only get to with the door open). there is a heat sink in there with a plug in it, all you should have to do is unplug that wire. Visit this website http://www.backinblackgp.com/ and click the link with the title "Take full control of your DRLs and automatic headlights". it has a picture of the plug to disconnect. if you have any trouble just message me.

55

If you want full control to your headlights, theres a fuse in the fuse block in the glove box. You may have to look at the chart. This will disable drl and auto headlights.

175

this will only work on certain years I do believe. It works on my 2000, so now I can just drive around with the fogs on, without the stupid DRL. But I know a few of my other buddies it doesn't work quite that well by just pulling out the fuse in the glovebox. I can do more research for you and get back to you. But I do know pulling that wire on the heatsink works too. ..:cAm:..

235

The fuse removal only works on 97-2000 models... Open the drivers side fuse box cover. You will see a finned metal heatsink with a blue and tan wires going into it. It will take several attempts, but you must unplug the wires going to the heatsink.

30

I TRIED BOTH FUSE AND HEATSINK AND NEITHER WORKED ON MY 2001 GP GT